Monday, March 12, 2012

More from EMCO Software....

 I've received another email from Igor at EMCO, to say that there will be a newer version of MoveOnBoot available soon. It will be changed to make it compatible with the .NET Framework 4.0, so please be patient, Folks... It's worth waiting for. I've even used it to clean out a malware that had locked its own file to prevent that from being done. MoveOnBoot got rid of it during a reboot, and I think that's just wonderful. I wouldn't be without it. 

Please Note:
I just tested MoveOnBoot in Windows 8 by creating a read-only folder inside the Windows folder, and then using MoveOnBoot to delete it during a reboot. The test folder is gone, and not just into the recycle bin either - it's gone completely! Without a trace. I then did a Search for it, and the search found nothing. But if Igor says this needs some fine tuning, I certainly would not question his word. But it works for me. I have version 2.2.8 released on 27 February 2012.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment