Thursday, April 19, 2012

Today's Question Everything: How many friends do you need?

According to recent scientific research, our brains can only handle about 150.
So 'friending' hundreds of people on Facebook is a waste of time, they say.

Here's the story from the Vancouver Sun today. 

And women have better social skills than men do, in case we weren't already aware of that. We hunt, fish and fight while the gals stay home and talk about it. Or something like that. Gals would rather have beauty than brains because guys can see better than they can think.
 

3 comments:

  1. How many friends do you need?

    One - a good one.

    Wish I had one. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tommy -

    Should I airmail you my Crying Towel?

    Some wit once said that the definition of a real friend is one who comes in right after everyone else has left you.

    On that basis, any of us would be mighty lucky to have one good one. I think too many of us mistake our nearby opportunists for friends, and those are two entirely different things, of course.

    I've had maybe two real friends in my whole lifetime. One died several years ago, and the other one, like myself, isn't far from it.

    Try to enjoy your day, Tom. As a pal at work once told me, we should expect the worst and hope for the best and that way we will never be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tommy: Wish I had one. :-(

    Um...[ahem] what about your wife; she's one...RIGHT?! :-D

    @Ray: Should I airmail you my Crying Towel?

    SILLY YOU! :-)

    As a pal at work once told me, we should expect the worst and hope for the best and that way we will never be disappointed.

    That's how I've always looked at life...even though some thought that was a silly way to do that! I don't care; I'm a realist and by golly, I'm going prepared armed with REALITY!

    ReplyDelete