Sunday, April 15, 2012

Which is easier? Why is Win-7 saving files to Win-8 folders?


I created the first of the above using the Windows 7 operating system on this computer, which also has another partition containing Windows 8. I then did a  reboot to change into the Windows 8 partition to create the second of these.

When I went looking for the Windows 7 file in its own Windows 7 Documents folder, it wasn't there. Checking in the Windows 8 Documents folder I found it in there, along with the file I'd made in Windows 8 later. 

Let me say first that I think the Windows 7 user experience using files and folders is more convenient and thus more user-friendly than the Windows 8 experience, which I'm told is copied from the 'ribbon' method use in Microsoft Office. I don't know, because I don't have the Office program. 

All I need at the moment is a system that doesn't file my Windows 7 files into Windows 8 folders on another partition of my hard-drive where they should not be going. This may have something to do with the sharing features of these two operating systems, and I'm checking into that, as well as deleting those public folder copies in the Libraries, which as far as I know are empty, but which can automatically share whatever's in them with anyone who has access to the computer. Is this a bug in Windows 8? Or a bug with the dual-booting? Or a little of both? Or did I not set it up properly? I'm trying to find out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment