Thursday, May 10, 2012

Playing in the traffic.....

While out there in the traffic today on Old Faithful, the ZX-10, it needed a fill-up so I pulled into the local Chevron for some 91-octane. 

It took 11.086 liters at $1.592 per liter, for $17.65.

That's 2.4385 Imperial Gallons, at $7.237 per gallon. This probably explains why I'm not planning a motorcycle trip across the country just now. Not unless I win the lottery, that's for sure. And I haven't even bought a ticket lately, because I
already know the odds are better for getting hit by lightning. Some under-employed mathematician once figured out that you'd have to live to be about 640,000 years old in order to have a reasonable chance of collecting the big one.
And just think how much your tickets will cost until then....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment