Monday, May 28, 2012

Rain, rain, go away - come again another day!


This was an especially intense and mercifully short little shower this afternoon, one among several today, this one including some hail. It's a mild winter we're having this summer here. I'm beginning to wish I lived someplace else, and this is the first time since moving to B.C. 44 years ago that I've felt this way. The climate being different now in most other places too, it probably wouldn't help.
May as well stay and face the music I guess. This isn't the same B.C. I found in 1968 though; I'm sure of that much. Back then, we'd be working on our second or third bad sunburn of the summer, instead of going around looking up in the sky during these rare clearing periods and asking each other "What's that big ball of fire up there in the sky?" It's getting ridiculous, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment