Thursday, May 31, 2012

Want a Mousepad you'll never wear out?


It's a 13 by 13 inch ceramic tile, $3.99 at the local building supply, and it works like a charm! You can pay more, but you won't get anything that lasts longer or is easier to clean. You can also get little plastic stick-on 'feet' for it, so it won't scratch the desktop or tend to move around. This beats the hell out of those cute but too-small rubberized and pricey mousepads you get in the computer department of your local office supplies store. This one will outlast your computer I betcha! And an optical mouse just loves it.....
 

3 comments:

  1. I tried my mouse out on a piece of scrap tile I have...not bad! I'll send you a pix...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I don't use a mouse pad. Optical mice will work on just about any surface. Glass isn't so good, but then so what.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Uncle Ron:

    Yes, please do send a picture... one
    of Raquel Welch would be nice :)

    @ Tommy:

    I haven't been using a pad either, but just for the hell of it, I tried this, and it does work quite nicely.
    A tile with a smooth glazing works best. I've been taping a large sheet of paper to the desk for it until now, because it's an old desk and the surface isn't the best, but this idea works very well. It also doubles as a good spot to park a hot mug of java.

    ReplyDelete