Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Biking in the rain....


I used to go biking in the rain myself, until I got tired of being wet and shivering while sitting in a windstream moving past at sixty or seventy miles an hour and
frequently wishing I was home and standing in a hot shower instead of out here in the saddle sitting in a cold one. But you're only young once, or maybe twice, and we all learn by doing. My faithful old Kawasaki hasn't turned a wheel for about two months now, and I'm still waiting for a chance to be the fair weather biker I always wanted to be, if only the weather would co-operate.

One of the problems of biking in the rain, aside from the dangers of slippery roads and oil slicks caused from four-wheeled traffic, and the discomforts of leaky rainsuits and foggy face masks is the problem of washing off all that grunge that gets into all those hard-to-reach places all over your bike. It takes a lot longer to clean one than it does to get it dirty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment