Sunday, September 30, 2012

Leg Warmers: Is Everything Old New Again?

Isn't the Internet wonderful? Whatever did we do without it back when.... back when men were men and the gals were all naturally double-breasted that is.....

I tend to compulsively turn on the computer in the middle of the night, or the middle of the very early morning, depending on how you look at it, as I'm slowly awaking and recuperating from that gawd-awfully urgent trip to the Thundermug Lounge from a sound sleep only moments before. The computer's not just a friend, it's an addictive window on the the world, or in my case, this half of the galaxy, since the magic of Warp Drive is still comfortably ensconced in the land of Make-believe, and meanwhile, we have to rely on our imaginations and the infinite variety of superciliousness (superciliosity?) found in the wild, wild world of the web. In short: Surfing, as in 'dredging'.

And this morning, this came flying at me out of nowhere, which is probably just where it belongs - down Memory Lane, in the Eighties. So today's Question Everything is: " Jane 'leg-warmers' Fonda, where are you now? - and by 'now' I don't mean this decade or this era, but right now! - Help!" I want another pair of those leg warmers we all knew and loved. They'd be ideal for my 80 year old legs with their poor circulation and their cold feet. I should never have gotten rid of the nice soft and fluffy burgundy ones I had back in the mid-eighties for keeping my knees warm while riding the motorcycle in cool weather. They make electric gloves and electric vests for bikers and snowmobilers, but nobody makes electric knee warmers - which makes the leg warmer practically a necessity, unless you'd rather be macho and cold. And you've never been cold until you've been cold on a motorcycle - trust me. So where the hell can we still find leg warmers? Does anyone know? Please leave a comment if you do.

 

2 comments:

  1. Leg warmers ---her name is Kathy and if you want her number ---send email request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour, Pierre -

    I'm reading everything you are writing, but you're on the wrong page with it!

    I'm not looking for 'Dial-a-Date',
    I'm just trying to insulate some 80-year-old pipes in a circulating system that hasn't been performing all that well lately. Sex has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    And nobody's sorrier than I am about that, believe me. Would I lie to you?

    ReplyDelete