Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More fun with new camera....


Hollyburn Country Club at night, always lit up like money's no object, and up there among those who have lots of it, it isn't considered polite to talk about it.
And up there, if you have to ask 'how much?' you obviously haven't met the requirements for membership yet. This is about 2 miles from here.


One of those high-toned condo developments on the hillside in West Vancouver, out near the turn-off to Cypress Bowl Road, Panorama Village I think it's called, and about 3 miles from here as that good old crow flies. And this new camera?
I think I'll keep it. Finally, a compact digital that takes half-decent night shots.
I'm impressed.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoying a new camera can be much fun.

    Thank you kindly, Ray, for the link to my blog, although it´s not an important one, and I rarely post anything.

    (;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Monsieur Beep! ....

    Always good to hear from you, M'sieur even if not very often.

    And you really ought to try posting to your blog more often. I know some of you out there have a life and other things to do, but those of us who don't would still enjoy hearing from you more often.

    I didn't really "need" another camera, but the idea of having 42X optical zoom was more than I could resist, so I had to find out what it's like. This one seems to be improved over whatever I've had before, and they are obviously fixing some of the problems we have been having with long zoom settings. So progress really is wonderful.

    I hope you're staying well and enjoying those trips to Gran Canaria while you can, and before you get so old you're invisible to all those cuties you'd like to charm.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words, Ray. The closer I come to my pension (almost 2 years, but forever young haha), the higher the heap of work (dairy farms) seems to become!

    In fact many ideas for my blog posts come during walking the dogs, walking is good for the mind, and everything suddenly seems to fall into its proper place.
    Also I love seeing my dogs enjoy the time I dedicate to them.

    Good to hear from you, too.
    Have a good weekend (:-)

    ReplyDelete