Saturday, September 22, 2012

The week in review - sort of.....

Would you like a large picture of a dozen of the world's richest and most generous philanthropists for your computer's monitor background, perhaps?
Well, fellow paupers, you've come to the right place and here it is! 


Among this dynamite dozen do-gooders sits at least $126-billion in net worth, and these smiling souls aren't the least bit worried about having their driver's licenses recalled by their respective government's Motor Vehicles Department,
I'm fairly sure..... certainly not as worried about that as I've been during the last half of this week, following the arrival in Monday's mail of an ominous form from our Superintendent of Motor Vehicles, because I'll soon reach 80, and that's not in MPH, but rather years of age. And speaking of that nebulous but all-powerful motoring bureaucrat, I've probably been driving longer and in a more varied collection of machines than he, she, or it has.....and I'm here to tell you that 'seniority' doesn't count for a damned thing when it comes to the question of whether or not you or I ought to be allowed to go out today in or on our favorite vehicle to play in the traffic and cuss at the gridlock. It's all about what you're capable of right now, and whether or not you can remember what day it is, and who cracks the whip and yells 'Jump!' - to which you're not supposed to ask 'Why?' but only 'How far, Master?' ....Got the picture? 

So having now had that medical evaluation and fitness test, the results of which may or may not have been accurately related to me by my family doctor of 20 years, possibly perhaps to avoid a possible scene in his office, I'm now waiting to see if that government bureaucrat's office takes any further action, or if I'm simply going to be allowed to continue playing in the traffic and cussing at the gridlock for another year or two or three.... And my curiosity's almost killing me,
partly because as Will Rogers once said, "It's not the things we don't know that get us in trouble. It's the things we do know that ain't so!"

Enjoy today's Equinox, folks, and remember, equinox comes from the Latin,
Equus meaning 'horse' and Nox meaning 'night', and the message here is obviously "Don't ride your horse at night!" - Would I lie to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment