Monday, October 29, 2012

Better a viewer than a doer....


We had hurricane force winds out here on the West Coast back on December 15th of 2006, and it scared the hell out of me, and I thought I wasn't easily scared. I looked out the window about 3:00 a.m. that night, and all I could see were bluish flashes of light with growling noises above the sound of the howling winds, as power lines all over the neighborhood made contact with tree
branches, and as I watched, my own power went off, and stayed off for three days. And I'm within a mile of two different main distribution substations of our power system, on which I used to work prior to retirement. So if you're in this storm area today, all I can say is: "Live Better Electrically - Carry a Flashlight - with extra batteries!" And stay away from large windows like patio sliding doors.
And Good Luck, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment