Saturday, October 27, 2012

Getting it together.... Windows 8 Pro


Here's what it looks like with a little personalization.  I'm still stewing & farting over the loss of the Windows Sidebar and Gadgets, which probably happened not for security reasons at all, but because Windows 8 is designed for you to have a homogenous experience across various kinds of hardware, and we couldn't hardly fit in a Sidebar and Gadgets on the screen of a smart phone or a tablet, where the real estate is very limited and every precious pixel counts. 
It's only on the expanse of a desktop where those really shine - but I don't see why us desktoppers can't still have our Sidebar and Gadgets if we want them.
I'd like to have someone from Mighty Microsoft take another whack at all that,
and perhaps stop punishing us for not being among those thumb-typers. I don't have any portable devices yet, simply because I have no need of them. I prefer sitting at a desk, and enjoying a good cup of coffee while I work on things like this. You won't catch me walking into a cast-iron lamp post because I was too interested in playing with my handheld..... but to each his own, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment