Friday, October 19, 2012

Practicing my night shots...


This came out rather well, considering I'm a greenhorn at taking night shots with a digital camera - or any other kind, for that matter - and I owe it all to
"when all else fails, read the directions!"

This was done on a 'Night Landscape' setting, using the 'tripod' option, and the camera did all the rest. All I did was push the button, and wait to brag about these results. I'm shocked and amazed that it even came out, considering my 
skill level. 

So this is my 3:45 A.M. weather report, looking into the neighbors' driveway across the back street, checking on the puddles and whether or not there's a lot of visible splatter from falling raindrops. Not much of that here, because we were momentarily between showers. And our National News on the good old CBC reporting the west coast weather for tonight and tomorrow seems to be wrong. (Again!) They're calling for seriously heavy downpours tapering off late
tomorrow (today, already!) and being replaced by an Arctic cold front.... so all
I can say is....
 
 


2 comments:

  1. My friend Margie told me to turn off Frank's rendition of "Let it snow" ...She says it's too early to listen to...She is highly involved in Halloween right now...Wooooooooooooo

    She asked me to ask you about one called 'Over the river and through the woods"?

    Women...Go figure!

    PS...She loves your leaves in the water pix...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Over the river and through the woods" you say?

    What were you supposed to ask me about it? :)

    ReplyDelete