Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What they didn't say.....

 
Sometimes, a picture practically cries out for captioning, and I hope the folks at USA Today forgive me for yielding to the urge to do that here....
 
I wonder what Mitt would look like dressed as the farmer in Grant Wood's famous American Gothic painting? Instead of in the uniform of an upscale car salesman who comes from a long line of long lines.... and why does he give me the impression that he'd like to restore slavery? Or maybe thumb his nose at Putin and get the Cold War going again, because it was 'good for business'? Is he perhaps related to Sarah Palin? Does he see Russia from his front porch?
Those are my Questions Everything for today, Folks.
 
The Fact Checkers and their story can be found by clicking here.
Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

  1. "Or maybe thumb his nose at Putin and get the Cold War going again, because it was 'good for business'?"

    There's some truth to that statement. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tom -

    Yes, and the scary part of it is that beady-eyed little Putin, the former KGB operative, has been tippy-toeing around to China and India lately proposing that they all team up against the threat to their part of the world from the USA, and he has also been making noises like he would like to put the former Soviet satellite states back together in a new version of the old Soviet Union. Everything old is new again!

    But pragmatically speaking, both China and India, of course, could swallow Russia whole, and not even get indigestion, because Russia is by far the least populous of the three. So if I were Vlad The Lad,
    I'd be very careful about tying a knot with my tongue that I might not be able to undo with my teeth.
    And he's also been mumbling about creating a more modern bomber force, which makes one wonder if he has forgotten ICBMs, which don't need a crew, fly in any weather, and turn cities into smoking parking lots where they land. Do we really need the 1950s and 1960s back again? I don't think so. The world is going to hell fast enough as it is.

    Enjoy your day, Tom.

    ReplyDelete