Monday, November 5, 2012

Here's why we 'love' Microsoft and its Updates

I hadn't used this particular computer for several days, so when I booted it up today, it got some updates. One was for an updated Microsoft-approved driver for my Nvidia GeForce GT 430 Graphics Card.  All updates were installed and I didn't suspect any problems until I'd rebooted and noticed that I'd lost the Aero Desktop effects. Wonderful!

I ran the Troubleshooter, and it said, "The Desktop Windows Manager is Disabled." Again, 'Wonderful!'. I went to Nvidia's website for drivers, got the latest, installed it, rebooted again, and now after all that, the Aero effects are again running normally. Thank You, Microsoft. Keep up the fair work....
(It's really hard to get good help these days, isn't it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment