Saturday, November 24, 2012

Mars Curiosity Interactive

It's been a while since I checked in on this, and if you go here there's a nice interactive player you can install which lets you drive and position the rover using a control panel at the bottom of the screen. It looks like this:-


After you get the player installed, you will see a screen like this....



And by using the Drive and My View controls on the left and right ends of the panel along the lower edge, you can move and turn the rover. You can also change its speed (to the left of 'Drive') and zoom in or out (to the right of My View) and you can also use your mouse wheel for zooming.

Here is another view of it, before I moved it....


And after I turned it around a bit ( its tracks tell the story)...


Here, I'm testing the zoom controls....


And here we go, following its previous path, with the balls marking points of interest along the way. You should try this, Kids - It's fun! Even for old guys...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment