Thursday, November 29, 2012

My 'Pet Rock'....

I picked this up on a beach along the west coast of Vancouver Island one day just after a really wild west coast storm had pounded the beaches for a couple of days with huge waves and very strong winds. This was back about the time that the 'pet rock' craze was upon us, so I named it my Pet Rock.


It's about six inches long by about 4 inches wide, and it looks like a sponge, all full of tiny little pipe-like holes, somewhat similar to volcanic pumice, but this is heavier than most of the pumice I've ever seen.
 

3 comments:

  1. Looks to me like the one that hit a Vancouver police car during the Hockey fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Pete....

    Nah! They kept all those for evidence. What a shame. Have you any idea how hard it is to find a loose rock in downtown Vancouver? They are harder to find than missionaries at a
    cannibals' Full Moon Feast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this very same rock. I always my brain rock. I don't know why. I found it when I was a kid and I guess back then that's what it looked like to me. I keep trying to find out what kind it is. Yours is about the same size as mine. I remember also finding mine on a beach although so long ago I couldn't tell you which beach. I am fro washington

    ReplyDelete