Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Playing back videos on YouTube....


If you have a problem with playing these videos, because the video pauses to buffer every few seconds, instead of playing steadily right through, the cure is to right-click on the video, choose 'Settings' from the drop-down, and in that,
select the files option, which should display a slider above it. Move the slider
toward the far right, to where it says 'Unlimited' and then close that window. You should have no more problems with the buffering. If you do, select 'Global Settings' and make sure that YouTube and its helper service both are allowed to
use local storage on your computer. This enables them to use temporary files to store this advanced buffering needed for smoothly playing these videos.

Now that's out of the way, Ruth Etting was the inspiration for the Doris Day movie (1955) with the same title as this song, 'Love Me of Leave Me' and her soundtrack album of the same name (1973 on CBS, Inc.) "Electronically re-channeled for stereo" Sound...as it proudly announced. The movie starred Doris Day as Ruth Etting, and James Cagney as her gangster husband and manager. And my copy of this 39-year-old album is still quite playable, but I've posted this video to show how the original star Ruthie herself really sounds.


Here's Doris doing another song from the movie, 'Shaking The Blues Away'.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ray...Love me or leave me brings back of a memory I have that took place in the 60's...A good friend of mine and I had just finished work and went into a bar we had never been in before...We had a few beers and then he got weepy thinking about his cheating wife and went to the juke box and played that song...not once...but 5 or 6 times...The other patrons in the bar were getting a little irritated with him and so the bartender came over and told us if he played that song one more time he was going to throw us out...Before my friend could put another quarter in(it was only a quarter) I paid our bill and hustled my semi drunk friend out the door...The patrons clapped as we exited...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Uncle Ron:

    Don't you just love a guy who can't hold his liquor?
    Some get all sentimental and weepy, like your friend. Others get belligerent and actually believe they can fight their way out of a wet paper bag when pissed out of their minds. Others, like me, just get sleepy and want to take a nap.

    These days, I get sleepy and want to take a nap even without any booze, so I'm saving a lot on good booze. That in turn saves me from needing to visit strange bars with guys who make wrong choices of women. And you know what they say about that: Gals would rather have beauty than brains because guys can see better than they can think.
    So it starts when she sinks in your arms, and it ends with your arms in her sink...

    And I'm still glad I'm Happily Divorced! Speaking of which, my youngest son told me today that my cute little ex-wife #2 ( his Mom)
    is once more planning on getting married. I sure hope she makes a better choice this time than she has in the past, because she deserves a really nice guy for a change. Her last couple have been real losers.

    ReplyDelete