Monday, November 26, 2012

Recalling old movies...


The critics, bless their pointy little heads, gave this one a thumbs-down, but either I'm a tasteless clod or else it wasn't that bad, because I thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to find a complete copy of it, and whatever's around of it now has been copied from somebody's television set, and not very well. But if you like the music of Cole Porter (and I love it!) and you'd like to see some unexpectedly entertaining performances by people you might not ordinarily consider 'song & dance' types, this one's for you. I just wish I could find a copy that's not all frazzle-assed, or comes with Russian subtitles plastered across it. Something is definitely lost in the translation, Tovarishch!

No comments:

Post a Comment