Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Marine Division of the Air Force...


There are beaches along the west coast here where you can ride a mountain bike through flocks of ten thousand of these things, and the seagull droppings fall like rain, but here I only have three or sometimes four of them regularly on patrol watching for munchies. One of them will land on the little removable tray here, and if it doesn't find anything in the dish fastened to it, it will sit there and make little clucking noises to let me know it would like something to eat. One morning, I held a slice of bread out the window, and it took it right from my hand, while hovering momentarily in mid-air. But I have to 'ration' these guys, or they'd eat me out of house & home.

2 comments:

  1. So Ray, has the owner of your building said anything about the cleanliness of these birds and their droppings down the side of it? he..he..

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet - They're still making excuses for a pigeon problem we've had for years, and pigeons are even messier than crows or gulls because they hang around a lot longer and aren't as easily discouraged.

    ReplyDelete