Sunday, November 11, 2012

This was the #1 Hit the year I was 2 years old...

And I've loved it ever since....


Back then, Jan Garber's Orchestra was one of the top dance bands in the land,
and it remained so for many years. This is a great old tune, and it takes me back to when I was a kid, playing this old 78 RPM record on a wind-up Victrola in my Dad's garage, and I kept this record for many years, until I no longer could find a turntable able to play it at the correct speed. I'm glad YouTube is preserving it for us.


Here's another charmer from the end of the Roaring Twenties that was still popular when I was just a little kid, and this is also one of my favorites, and 
with the temperature outside this morning hovering around 40 F, it's quite appropriate today. 


This is the original version of a song that Cyndi Lauper included in her 1983 album on the Portrait label (CBS) titled 'She's So Unusual' and I think I still prefer Helen Kane, the Poo-Poo-Pee-Doo Girl's original version to Cyndi's. The big hit on Cyndi's album was 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun', and 'She Bop' was another goodie on there. But I'm digressing again..... this is about Helen Kane. 



 I can't leave the music of Helen Kane without including this one. It's a dandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment