Sunday, January 20, 2013

Personalizing Windows 8

This time, I started at the beginning, with that Lock Screen you have to get past before you sign in, so this is a photo of it with its new image....


Windows 8 never looked better - and yes, you can change that picture!

And here's a new Windows 8 Theme, with pictures of Thailand.....


And here's Windows 8 with its sidebar gadgets back - the ones Windows removed from the retail versions. Now, I've got it the way I want it......


Speaking of Themes, here's one I just made for it....


2 comments:

  1. And all this time, I thought you had, had it with Windoz 8..

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I'm a cheapskate - I hated to waste $45 - and besides, I know more about Windows 8 than I do about the PC-BSD I had been trying instead.

    And after the end of this month, I wouldn't be wasting just $45 because Microsoft has said the price is going up after the end of this month. So if you want one, better grab it now.

    One other thing I learned lately - the Windows Key Codes for these are now embedded into the BIOS, and once you've put this one onto a PC you can't move it to another one, or so the story goes....

    ReplyDelete