Saturday, January 19, 2013

Updating PC-BSD 9.0 to 9.1


This shows the installation process in action, after I'd downloaded the update for the 9.1 version of the operating system - not realizing when I began it that it would take 3 hours to download the new system's files. I went back to bed while it was chugging away on it, and now I'm getting the newest version of PC-BSD installed on the other PC. More about that later, after I have a look at it....

This is later, and here's what it looks like, with one of its alternate backgrounds....


One word of caution: this program is apparently made to work best with an NVidia graphics card, and mine here is an ATI Radeon HD 5450 which means that they do not have the 3D graphics enabled yet for this, and I'm also having a little problem making it stay with the native resolution of my monitor (1680 x 1050) because it seems to like to revert to 1024 x 768 on its next reboot, and then I have to reset it again. Otherwise, it's much like its predecessor, the 9.0 version.

Update:
I got tired of fiddling with this one - so I removed it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment