Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Windows 8 once more.....before the price goes up!

Here's Windows 8 Pro just installed onto my oldest PC, and even though it's old (like me) it's still ticking along nicely. This dates back to about 2008, but it has had its graphics card replaced by a better one since then, and right now, it gets a Windows Experience Index of 5.9 which isn't bad at all. But enough chatter - here's what my latest install of Windows 8 Pro looks like....


And I'm sure you'll notice it has its sidebar gadgets back again, thanks to a nice program I found for that, and it is also displaying the name of the system and its build number, which can be added using the Ultimate Windows Tweaker, which was made for Windows 7, but like a lot of Windows 7 stuff, it also works just fine in Windows 8. So if you haven't already, grab your own Windows 8 while the price is still $39.99, and before it goes up, up and a-w-a-y at the end of the month. During the introduction of Windows 7, I got a hot deal on a copy because I pre-ordered it during the testing period, but I didn't think to get another for my second PC, and ended up paying full retail for that one. So I'm not making that mistake again. And neither should you. Forty bucks and tax is a lot better than a couple of hundred later on. 

And for those us who love our Windows 7 ( I have 7 and 8 in dual-boots on both my PCs) you can, as you see, dress up Windows 8 Pro so it looks like home. 

Short 'PS' - With a dual-boot of Win-7 and Win-8, you can move files from one to the other using the old drag & drop, if you set two windows side by side on the screen, and it makes it very handy. Almost like one big file system.... and
you can use HomeGroup between two PCs for much the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment