Saturday, February 16, 2013

More this and that, from 'Oldest Living Blogger'...

With recent events in Russia involving that meteor exploding above the city and blowing out all those windows, it got me thinking of what it might have been like on Mars about 3.5 billion years ago, when something about 150 or 200 Km across came flying out of space, hitting the planet and puncturing its crust. So the story goes in the Larousse Guide to Astronomy, anyway. And that would probably have resulted in an almost unimaginable kind of explosion beginning from within the planet's molten core. Which probably explains why there are no Martians today. And why that planet is a barren and frozen desert these days.

Today was a nice sunny day for a change, and I drove out to the farther regions of West Van, to visit the Optometrist office where I get my glasses. Dr. Debbie there has been doing my glasses for me for over 30 years - ever since I first needed those first reading glasses - and today I went in to get these latest ones adjusted a bit. Dr. Debbie I think is trying to get ready to retire, and she has some new assistants now, but the service is still first class, and my glasses were adjusted free of charge as usual.

And the California raspberries at Safeway today were just delicious. They also had a sale on those little grape-sized tomatoes, and those things are so tasty they're almost sinful. Try eating just one. I bet you can't stop there. I couldn't, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment