Tuesday, February 5, 2013

'Oldest Living Blogger' came back....

"From where?" you ask....  From the Cardiac Ward at our local hospital, and therein lies a tale, of sorts. Depends how desperate you are for tales, I guess....

A week ago today, in the middle of the night, I went to Emergency there, because I was told that I had pneumonia, and fluid on the lungs with a nasty, bubbly cough. They checked me over, and decided that my heart could also use some testing, so they put me into the Cardiac section in bed, and I've been there for a week, until earlier today.

Besides the obvious lung problems, partly caused by 60 years of smoking until 7 years ago, they also discovered some Atrial Fibrillation, and put me on blood thinners to help prevent blood clots forming during fibrillating periods. So that was probably a fortunate dose of pneumonia which got me in there. And that's my story, and now I'm off to bed to try out my own bed, instead of those $28,000 ones they have now in hospital. Those tell your weight along with everything else, and are air-filled.
 

4 comments:

  1. Gee Ray, we have an air-bed but fortunately it does NOT tell us our weight..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that feature struck me as kind of odd too, but I found out I've lost a few pounds, so it wasn't all bad news.

    Those beds have more technology than
    anyone needs, and the only thing lacking that I really wanted was an
    electric blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe a young nurse to get under it with you and snuggle..

    :-) Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely, but in my condition it would be the end of me for sure!

    ReplyDelete