Thursday, March 28, 2013

News from Google for me....

Got an interesting email from Google tonight, telling me that someone  was trying to access my account from Venezuela at IP Address 186.94.84.182 and
recommending that I should change my password. I did, and I made a few other changes as well. I don't know why someone in Venezuela would want to get into my account, but in case they are reading this, let me say that Google monitors  the sign-in information and when it doesn't match past activity of the account, they notify the user and send the suspicious information for verification. If the user does not recognize it they treat it as an attempt to hack into the account. 

Here's where that IP Address in Venezuela is located, and its details:-


And a big Thank You to Google for the heads-up on this - much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment