Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Windows 7 re-installs quickly.....

In about 45 minutes, more or less. I say "more or less" because after the first round of installing is done, and you're thinking the worst of it is behind you now,
it isn't.  After that, there's about 140 security patches to install, and that adds
another 407 Mb or so, which still isn't everything, because there's also the SP1
for Windows 7, with another 700 Mb or so, if you're using a fresh unused DVD
out of its original box, because you've been working with the 32-bit version until now. So it's not 45 minutes. It's more like a half a day, if the web isn't too busy and the creek don't rise, and you don't get called away for something else.

If I could charge Microsoft the same rate I got on my job before retirement, then they'd owe me a lot more than I've paid them for their overpriced software for sure. And considering all the constant upkeep it requires, I have to wonder why the hell I bother. I must be too old for chasing the gals or something.....

No comments:

Post a Comment