Saturday, May 11, 2013

Piano Music - For Tom in New York, and everyone....


Don't be confused by the strange title on the cover. This is Cecile Ousset playing
piano - Debussy's Estampes I believe. And Cecile is a French classical pianist who does some very nice work. I only have one of her LPs, but I'm discovering that she has a lot on YouTube. The one LP I do have is her French Piano Music, on which she plays Debussy, Ravel, Chabrier, Saint-Saens, Faure and Satie and it's all very nice listening.

Tom in New York says he likes piano, so this one's for you Tom... you should look on YouTube for more of her work, if you can tear yourself away from that boogie I put on here earlier. And I have to say, while YouTube has a great selection, there's nothing like listening to this stuff on a good stereo with nice big speakers and a good turntable. It's a whole other thing, for sure. And now I'm going to listen to the flip side of Cecile's French Piano Music.....


This is one from the LP of French Piano Music..... It was done in 1983 and is a digital recording on EMI.


Here's some Ravel by Cecile....

No comments:

Post a Comment