Sunday, June 16, 2013

Here's how Father's Day began here...


I ought to apologise, perhaps, for not getting this on here sooner today, but it has been 'one of those days'. Just after i took this shot, I turned on Old Computer with its newly reactivated systems, and after about 150 updates of it yesterday, Windows Updates had another 60 or so for it today. 

As that was happening, the phone rang, and it was Youngest Son who lives 486 miles away, saying "Get ready to go out for coffee, Dad, because I'll be there in about ten minutes..." I've never had such a nice and such an unexpected gift on Father's Day before, and it was just wonderful. We never did get that coffee, because we went shopping instead, and then my favorite restaurant had a lineup (wonder why?) and Youngest Son had to get started driving home soon anyway, because it would be very late this evening or early tomorrow morning before he gets there. But this has been a wonderful Father's Day for me and a
very unexpected treat. I will treasure the memory of it always.

No comments:

Post a Comment