Thursday, June 27, 2013

Here's why I like the USA Today App in Win-8 and 8.1


Nice b-i-g pictures, and good clear type faces, for me and Cousin Weak Eyes.
Some electronic newspapers, like Toronto's Globe and Mail, get all techy with
"pinch here, and point there, and drag this way" and that's OK if you have a nice multi-touch all-in-one, but with a mouse and keyboard, I found that the damned thing kept trying to relocate itself to one side or the other of the monitor screen or shrink back to postage-stamp size immediately after I'd get the thing zoomed up large enough to read it. So about two minutes of that, and their widely advertised 'Globe To Go' simply had to - I turfed the damned thing in favor of one more readable and better-behaved. The Globe and Mail ought to take a look at the way USA Today does it. Big pictures, worth a thousand words, and not a lot of mindless babbling. Just the facts, Ma'am. 

And digressing for a moment, it's been a good day. I've got Windows 8.1 nicely customized, and today this blog passed the 90,000 mark for viewers - and I thank you all for visiting. I hope whatever you've found here was helpful or entertaining or both, and that you will visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment