Saturday, June 29, 2013

How handy is this little freebie?


And the answer is: Very handy! For example, when I downloaded that preview of Windows 8.1, it created hundreds of megabytes of temporary internet files that clogged up the works and waste space once the installation is completed. This little cutie removes all that with one swift click. This newest version also shows you how long it took for your Windows to boot up on the latest start, and rates that with other average results, which is also a nice feature. And you can find this handy little helper right here.


Here it is showing my boot-up speed, and please note that this is a dual-boot setup with Windows 8.1 Preview on one partition, and Windows 7 SP1 on the other, and I have to choose which one before booting completes, so this time is not all that bad.


This is the Windows Experience Index today, after re-installing Windows 7 into the other partition of this dual-boot setup. When this machine was running only Windows 7, before the f***-up with Windows 8.1 Preview, this index was showing a reading of 5.7 with all the same hardware. So today's Question Everything is: What did that Windows 8.1 Preview do to my Index readings, and why? If I had a reading of 5.7 out of a possible 7.9 two days ago, why not now?
Should I throw out Windows 8.1 Preview and test this again with just Win-7?
Don't tempt me, Kiddies - don't tempt me! On the other hand, I go back to the days of Windows 98SE, so I'm used to f***-ups and being shot at, and having crashes, and the blue screen of death and all that other crap....and I got most of this intimate and sexy computer knowledge by getting screwed a lot....and I didn't get nearly enough kissing with it, for those who wonder. Any questions? What about you, Uncle Ron? Got a comment?

No comments:

Post a Comment