Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's all fake, Folks....

Are you old enough to remember the original Quaker Oats oatmeal cereal? The kind that you cooked up in a pot of boiling water on the old wood stove, and then maybe spooned into a hot frying pan with a few slices of bacon and fried it up for breakfast? 

Well, the modern equivalent of it is now their "instant oatmeal" and it comes in various flavors. I like the "Peaches & Cream" which is neither Peaches nor Cream. It's Peach-flavored and colored dehydrated apple flakes with a powdered creaming agent made of hydrogenated coconut and palm oils and corn syrup solids (whatever that is) and sodium caseinate, and other semi-unpronounceable chemical compounds - but it's just delicious!

Like George Burns said, "I don't eat those natural foods any more - at my age I need all the preservatives I can get." 

No comments:

Post a Comment