Sunday, June 30, 2013

The plot thickens.....virtualapp/didlogical came back


I cleaned out Generic Credentials in Windows 8.1 Preview here not 20 minutes ago, and just now, I did a search (above) and it's back...... I looked in the file
of Credentials Manager, and two of the three entries I deleted are still gone, but this one came back. It seems to have something to do with Windows Live, and I don't use its features usually, so I don't need this aggravation, but apparently, I can't get rid of it. I use a non-Microsoft mail service, and a non-Microsoft browser in everyday use, and I don't appreciate being forced into something I really didn't want. This is my computer, and I ought to have the choice. 

Those other Generic Credentials (if any) in your folder are created by programs that aren't a part of the operating system but need credentials to perform their tasks, so they can create these generic credentials to enable them to function.
But this whole subject is very poorly explained, causing more confusion than anything else, and Microsoft should devote enough time to it for an explanation that is easily understood by the vast majority of its users/purchasers/victims.

It's time Microsoft abandoned its cherished Mushroom Philosophy of keeping us in the dark and feeding us horseshit. Because when all else fails, we still know how to spell 'Apple'.

1 comment: