Thursday, June 27, 2013

Win-8.1 - "Where's the Windows Experience Index?"

I rushed to the System window in Control Panel, looking for the Windows Experience Index to compare with the Win-8 on my other PC, and there's nothing of it in sight - it's just gone! And I'd like it back, please. It's a useful tool for rating the relative performance, and comparing it to others. 


And for all you late risers who may have missed my morning's rants, here's yet another look at my customized treatment of the Windows 8.1 Desktop. 


And the App for USA Today actually installs and opens in Windows 8.1 which is something it mysteriously stopped doing for me in Windows 8 on the other PC,
so I'm liking this better all the time. Maybe I'll even keep it for a while.... and 
the screen saver with the bubbles is back, too. Now if I could just combine that with VirtuaGirl, we'd really have something!  ( Just kidding, Folks! ) 

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday, I had installed windows 8.1 on my old laptop in order to check if the performance would be acceptable.
    However, I like to check the Windows Experience Index (WEI) and it does not appear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi -

    I'm just guessing, but I think that might have something to do with the changes they made to features like the Windows Aero transparency, and such-like. I liked that feature, and I wish they had continued it.

    Maybe if enough of us ask, they will restore the Windows Experience Index. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete