Sunday, July 7, 2013

Microsoft shows us this......and I say:-


Do yourself a favor - wait for the fully-baked one! Why? Because this one does not let you install your own choice of a top-ten-rated antivirus program, and it also refuses to let you install a few other programs you may want to include in it. And about that much-discussed Start Button/Menu: It's there, yes, but it looks rather amateurish, it's very plain, and there are at least two third-party programs freely available on the web which do it much better and look more professional while doing so. Classic Shell is my choice because it does it best and gives you three choices of styles of Start Menu, ranging from XP to Win-7,
and all of them look a hell of a lot nicer than the one you'll find in the Windows 8.1 Pro Preview. 

If you've been reading previous posts on here, then you already know that there are other customizations you can apply to Windows 8 or 8.1 which will restore those much-loved desktop gadgets, so I won't rant about that just now. In fact,
I'm about done ranting for the moment, because I've just re-installed Win-8 onto the partition formerly occupied by the Win-8.1 Preview, and I have to get
back to supervising its updating process to bring it up to date again from the DVD, and then once again put back all my favorite programs and tweaks and customizations. Color me disappointed, Folks - I had much higher expectations of Mighty Microsoft than this Win-8.1 Pro Preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment