Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My new Fujifilm Finepix SL1000 - first pix

The book says, "It takes 180 minutes to charge a new battery" and to this kid with his new toy, it was more like forever.... but it finally did charge up, and then the fun began.....

The battery didn't finish charging until after dark, and this camera is said to be good in low light conditions, so I thought "this is the perfect time to find out"...
So this is a shot of the Hollyburn Country Club on the side of the mountain in West Vancouver, a little over a mile away from here. The detail is quite good.
And then, I tried it on something closer to home....


This one, I'm quite pleased with.... there's not a lot of zoom involved, even though this camera has 50X optical, but for a night shot using a camera that I'm not yet familiar with, I think this is one hell of a fine shot!  This camera, they say, isn't really meant for the run of the mill hobbyists, nor for the true pros, but rather for those who are in between those two groups, and want to improve their skills. I think I made the right choice. I looked at a Canon with similar long zoom, but it's more expensive than this one, and doesn't have as big a sensor as this one - and judging from these first shots, I'd say this Fuji really kicks ass, and I'm quite impressed.

Last week, I gave the grandchildren a couple of my older cameras, and my son was all nervous and worried about me giving away all my toys. So Jay, if you're reading this, and I hope you do, you were worrying for nothing. Old Dad is far from out of toys..... 


Here's a hand-held (freehand) pre-dawn shot looking at the Morning Star, just to show how this does without a tripod in very low light conditions, and even though there's a tiny bit of blur from camera shake, this is one neat camera! I am going to love this little darling..... and now I see what a larger sensor can do for a camera's imaging. It makes a huge difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment