Monday, August 5, 2013

Another helpful Windows tip - Temp folders and Prefetch


This may refuel the old debate about dumping the contents of these temp folders, your user one and the one for Windows, and also the Windows Prefetch,
but I find that for me, it works, because it keeps things to a minimum of what's really needed to get the job done. I'm not constantly reloading obsolete junk that applied to old programs or features no longer used. So it works for me....

And you'll notice two things about the above: I have a folder in my main user folder just for my many shortcuts - because I don't want to paper the Desktop with all of them. So on the desktop, I have the ones I'm currently working with, plus one for the Shortcuts folder itself, and I drag and drop back and forth to keep the Desktop's collection to one row along the left side. Neat and tidy.
The other thing you may notice is that I create a lot of icons - my own and the ones that come with programs and features - because you can't use what you can't find easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment