Thursday, August 22, 2013

DreamScene in Windows 8...

When I saw this animated gif from geovideo....


showing computer and internet usage around the world as the day progresses through its 24 hours, I thought 'What a neat backgrounder this would make for Windows 8!', and even though Google can run this animated gif, I have bad news for all us Windows 8 enthusiasts - Windows 8 can't. 

I should qualify that last remark: Windows 8 could, but first you need to install the latest version of DreamScene (Remember Vasta Vista?) and for that, you should read some helpful hints and directions and then I have other bad news.
It uses a LOT of RAM, and you need a respectable Processor, and you'll have to convert your animated gif into a video to make it all happen like you hoped.
In other words, it's just a whole bunch of work, and work is the curse of the drinking classes.... but it can be done, if you absolutely insist.

This brings me once again to Today's Question Everything: "If Google can make this animated gif work in my blog, why can't Windows 8 make it work on my desktop?" I would just love to know the answer to this one.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment