Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Today's 'Question Everything'


Lakes of the northern hemisphere in both Russia and Canada are practically full of these Great Northern Pike. I was catching fish like this when I was a kid in school, and like Vlad here, I got my picture in the papers with it. But you can't eat them, wear them, or make love to them, so what the hell good are they? They've got more bones in them than your average cemetery, and the only thing I found them useful for was fertilizing my Mother's favorite rose bushes. For that, they were very good. And just about anybody can catch a record-sized Great Northern Pike. All you have to do is catch a smaller one first, and then rig it with a harness of leader wire and triple hooks, and use it for bait for the big ones. But it's a hell of a lot of work, just to get your picture taken with a big fish. And it wouldn't have been caught if it kept its mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment