Sunday, August 18, 2013

Yes, Virginia, my 30-inch flat screen TV works as a PC monitor....


And sitting in front of it is a lot like sitting in the front row at the old home town movie theater on Saturday afternoons, except we never saw anything like this back in those days, for sure. 

So, if you'd like a multipurpose monitor for your favorite desktop, head for the electronics and TV section at your favorite store in the mall, and get a nice big flat screen TV. It works for me! And this screen on a desk is B-I-G.... I kid you not.  Strangely enough, the resolution on my 22-inch Acer monitor that was on here is 1680 by 1050, but on this bigger screen it's only 1360 by 768, and that's with it set to its max adjustment. I'm not sure why that is, but I'll probably find out before very long. I think it's because this screen has bigger pixels but fewer of them, but that's just a guess. If you know, please leave me a comment.

Update, 10:10 PM.......

I found enough coax TV cable to hook this flat screen TV back up as a TV again,
and also reconnect the DVD Player, and now it does everything - the TV, the DVDs, and the computer monitor, simply by changing a selection on a menu with its Remote. This is handier than sliced bread, and I wish I'd done this sooner. But better late than never. So I now have a spare Acer 22-inch monitor and less clutter on the stereo rack, with the Dynex 30-inch flat screen TV doing
the various jobs it was designed to do all along, and it's working very nicely. 

2 comments:

  1. Good to know it’s still working perfectly despite being a multifunctional equipment. It’s very convenient to have a huge flat screen that you can use for work and entertainment. If you want less clutter on your table, you can consider wall-mounting it. Eleanor @ Peerless

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is additionally an excellent publish that we truly loved reading through. It's not daily which i possess the likelihood to determine some thing. http://gecey.com/19-inch-tv/

    ReplyDelete