Friday, September 13, 2013

Advantages of using two monitors on your PC


There are several advantages, but just as an illustration, here I am researching a problem with a gadget I was using on Windows 8, which was/is made by a fellow in Germany. So naturally, his language isn't English. I don't read German,
but I do have two browsers, and using Google Translate on one, and using the other to provide the material requiring translation, and putting each of those on their own monitor, it's a 'piece of cake'.... I can highlight and copy German from one monitor's browser, and then paste that into Google Translate on the other,
and Voila! - German becomes English. So think about getting another monitor...
It's very handy. I'm still discovering just how handy it really is.

P.S. -
This also works very well translating Russian, but Google Translate has a problem with differences between singular and plural of some Russian words.
However, it's the results that count, and fortunately those errors are fixable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment