Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My camera in 2020 ( in case I'm still here!)


It will definitely NOT look like the above miniaturized 'heads-up display' for two very good reasons: (1.) I wear prescription glasses and more importantly (2.) There's no way anything this small can compete with larger cameras for quality of image production, because it's all about the size of the sensor, and you can't fit a large sensor into a small device. And don't say 'digital enlargement' because it doesn't work worth a damn. All it does is dilute the original pixels with color-averaged useless junk in between them to stretch out the originals for a larger size with less detailed sharpness. Big foggy images in brief. So my camera in 2020 will still look very much like my present long-zoom compacts, and it will have a reasonably decent sized sensor for good quality images. It will not be a toy or a gimmick designed to separate the rubes from their cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment