Saturday, October 12, 2013

USA Today and Google's Chrome Browser...


I've only in the last few days begun trying Google's Chrome browser, not because I think it's superior, but because I finally threw out Microsoft's Internet Explorer, after years of frustrations - and I hasten to add that neither of these is
my browser-of-choice. These are only ever being used as my 'spare', for when I'm busying doing something like this blog using Firefox, and need another browser to go on line to look something up, or find a website whose URL I want to copy, without interrupting what I'm doing on here.

I don't care what Google says about its encription features, the most secure browser in my opinion is Firefox, because you can include various add-ons to increase its security and its effectiveness. "Like what?" you ask.  Stay with me.
Like Better Privacy for example. It finds, displays, and removes 'Supercookies'
better known as LSOs (Local System Objects) which unlike regular cookies, do not show up in your cookie-handling programs, and never expire. So without this add-on, you don't even know they are there, and they are bigger than regular cookies, and can perform executive operations just like programs do, and they can and do also 'phone home' with your personal information to their own headquarters. Better Privacy can work with your browser's own cookie handling features to remove these LSOs or 'Supercookies' at the same time as the cookies are deleted, such as at every shutdown of the browser, or however you've programmed that, so that you don't need to worry about these spies in your midst that couldn't otherwise be detected. Are you getting the picture now?
I recommend and have been using Firefox for years. You should try it. You can find it right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment