Friday, October 18, 2013

Windows 8.1 came out yesterday, and I totally missed it...

On purpose, I might add.... I tried the beta of it a few months ago, and there's a couple of features I liked, like the better handling of tiles, and some small improvements like that, but the biggest complaints of Windows 8 users have been about the start screen and not being able to run desktop gadgets, and you can fix both those problems in your existing Windows 8 by downloading a couple of freebie programs off the web, one called Classic Shell and the other 8GadgetPack. I've got 'em on here, so I don't really need Win 8.1, especially with the pain-in-the-ass Windows Store individual downloads for each PC. Why the hell couldn't it be an ISO we could make a DVD from? Like they did for the beta version? What was wrong with that format? Did it work too well? Mighty Microsoft, Sweetheart, You blew it again, Baby! Why don't you listen to Oldest Living Blogger? I told you before - we may not write code worth a shit, but we definitely know what we like, and we resent being told! That's why the competition is kicking your ass. They don't pretend to know what's best for everybody on the planet. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment