Friday, November 22, 2013

Got it back today....


Back when we were testing Windows 7, in 2009, I had purchased the version 6 of this program, but soon afterward, I lost it and its activation codes in one of many operating system re-installs, and I couldn't find the purchase order details until just the other day. Meanwhile, I had a copy of its version 5.5 on disk, and have been using that. Windows keeps saying it has compatibility problems, but if you click on "Run it anyway" it works fine. (Mighty Microsoft please take note.) 

Anyway, a couple of days ago, in a pile of my little notes to myself, I found the details of the purchase of the most recent version, so I sent that in to Arcsoft Support, and they very graciously sent back my activation codes which
convert the trial version to a registered version, and now I can use it again.
There's only one problem: I've got its version 5.5 installed in Windows 8, and it works fine, and I'm a lot more familiar with it than with this newer version.
But it never hurts to have a spare, I guess... and the newer one does have a few improvements I really ought to try.....and Windows 8 isn't complaining about it, and that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment