Saturday, December 14, 2013

Another Windows 8 Fix.....

If you have a problem like this, as I have lately, then this should help you...


I haven't been rebuilding my PC, but I have been getting this story about the corrupted files from running "sfc /scannow". And this recommended remedy
worked for me this morning, so I'm passing it along, in case it may help you.


I used the "copy and paste" method of adding that line of instructions in the Admin Command Prompt, to make sure I didn't get it wrong. This command starts the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool, which takes several minutes to do its thing, and as it is working, it will display a series of dashes along a line between a set of brackets, along with a number for the percent it has completed. As I said, it takes a while, so don't get impatient.
It will finish, and it does work, as you can see from my screenshot above.


This time, when 'sfc' came to corrupt files, it fixed them. What that really means is that it found updated information in the component store, and corrected its own to match, and now presumably, peace has returned to the valley. And my thanks to that Microsoft Engineer for his informative solution. This installation of Windows 8 on here is barely a week old, so I couldn't believe there was anything seriously wrong with it just yet. I simply haven't had time to screw it up yet, so that whole thing puzzled me. I'm glad I found an answer for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment