Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Goodbye, Windows 8.1 - Hello, Windows 8 Pro

I did it, and I'm glad - glad, I tell you! Windows 8.1 was a lot more trouble than it was worth, so I'm starting over with good old Windows 8 Pro....


There's nothing quite like a clean sheet, is there? Now, I can start all over again to add the custom icons (made 'em myself) and the sidebar and gadgets from 8gadgetpack, and all the other stuff I consider essential, like the Ultimate Windows Tweaker, and Image Resizer, and Filemenu Tools, and the list goes on. I'll be busy for a while with replacing all that stuff and others, but for now the good news is, I'm rid of that Windows 8.1, and my dual-boot setup is still intact, and my faithful old Windows 7 SP1 is still alive and well, and it could be worse.
In fact, it has been, until very recently.....(why am I smiling?)

No comments:

Post a Comment