Tuesday, December 10, 2013

If you listened to that one-hour music vid here...

...which I've just removed, you should scan your computer for malware, because I found three items in mine after listening to that whole 62 minutes of nice Christmas jazz. Here's a screenshot of what I found....



This will give you an idea where to look, and I do apologize for this, but who thinks to scan a video before posting it. How would we do that? I'm not even sure I know the answer to that one. And hopefully, this explains why the video is no longer here. It had three unwanted items hidden in it. Sorry, Folks....

Please Note:
The AppData folder is normally hidden. To make it show in your User folder, go into Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab, and change the black spot from
"Don't show hidden...." to the next, "Show hidden files, ..." as in this screenshot of it....

 

2 comments:

  1. It's a lesson all users of the web need to learn. NOTHING is safe and/or sacred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can say that again, Tom!

    Lately, I've been spending more time cleaning up the insides of this thing than I have actually using it.

    The internet could be such a wonderful place if only.....

    ReplyDelete