Saturday, December 7, 2013

Verifying the blog with Google's Webmaster

After an hour and a half of playing with HTML code, I finally got lucky and got this blog officially verified as mine with Google's Webmaster Tools. One of the problems is that there are several possible methods that you can use, and the so-called 'Recommended' one simply refused to work for me.

Every time I'd copy the stuff to be added to my page's code, there would be errors listed in red when I tried to save the page afterward. Picky little things like missing delimiters, declaration code symbols missing, or their terminations not entered. I never said I knew how - I'm just a dedicated fumbler, and we learn by doing.... But it's the results that count, and it all ended happily. My HTML finally quit throwing back red warning messages, and accepted everything as written, so I signed off and got out of there, before anything else hit the fan.

One of these days, I'm going to take this course, and learn how to actually write HTML for myself, instead of just memorizing a couple of handy phrases from it. 
Handy phrases like you can find on this Quick List. This is HTML for us flagrant doodlers who haven't learned how yet, but still like to pretend we know what we're doing. It gets us by for very simple little jobs, like creating links. So if you are like me, maybe you'd like to bookmark it.

No comments:

Post a Comment